EDSFAT holds regular team training sessions on the last Sunday of each month, and also occasional training days. Throughout the year we aim to cover all of the team’s basic requirements, as well as build on previously gained knowledge and lessons learned from the events we cover.
Please see our calendar for the date and venue of our next training evening or day.
Our training uses a variety of different methods to cater for all styles of learning and abilities in a friendly, inclusive environment.
Examples of training include:
- Basic Life Support
- Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Use of Medical Gases (Oxygen and Entonox)
- Use of Emergency and Over the Counter medications
- Safer moving and handling
- Patient movement and stretcher handling
- Safeguarding (Scouting Yellow Card)
- Familiarisation and use of team vehicles
- Use of EDSFAT radios
- Event planning
These are in addition to the First Response Courses which we put on for our members and other leaders in Sussex each year. EDSFAT also runs Ofqual approved first aid training courses for staff.