Emergency Aid Badge Scheme
The Scout Association has developed the “Emergency Aid” Staged Activity badge scheme for Young People to be trained within.
The basic premise is that the staged badge scheme follows the ability of the young people as they progress through Scouting.
- Emergency Aid 1 is aimed at Beavers (1 hrs)
- Emergency Aid 2 is aimed at Cubs (1-2 hrs)
- Emergency Aid 3 is aimed at Scouts (2-3 hrs)
- Emergency Aid 4 is aimed at Explorers (4-6 hrs) – [an alternative to the Young Leaders’ Module K First Aid Master Class]
- Emergency Aid 5 is aimed at Explorers, Network and Leaders (6-8 hrs) – [an alternative to the Young Leaders’ Module K First Aid Master Class, and exceeds First Response Requirements]
The requirements for the trainer experience and qualification increase with each stage. EDSFAT are able to provide trainers and resources to cover all levels.
If we are unable to assist by providing members to attend your normal evening meeting we can provide or lend training materials for you to use. Please contact us to discuss your ideas and requirements.
We have collated a number of useful training photos that you are welcome to use as part of your training. Click here to download zip file of photos.
We hope to upload more training material for the emergency aid staged badge scheme, including presentations, so watch this space…
For more information on these staged badges and the requirements for each stage please go to: http://members.scouts.org.uk/supportresources/4284/emergency-aid-staged-activity-badge
or very useful Programme Online ideas can be found at